Tuesday 22 January 2013

Tabletop Art - Wall Template and Crystal Field Base


For the third in my series of Tabletop Art reviews I will be looking at 2 smaller items in the same post.
First up is the Wall Template and then it will be the Crystal field 50mm bases.

Wall Template 
(painted pic above)
The Wall Template is a 3D gaming accessory but can also be used as terrain.
It comes in a large blister pack with a painted version shown on the front.

The Wall is a resin single piece accessory that is perfect for games of WarmaHordes. (Gortens spells anyone?) It can also be used as a broken wall on almost any battlefield. The fact that its multi purpose makes it appealing already.
Above and below you can see the 'Doctor' to show the size and scale. He is a 28mm mini on a 30mm base.

The template/scenery piece is VERY highly detailed. Random brickwork with a variety of textures, vines, broken stone and more.
It didn't need any work on it at all so could be undercoated straight from the box. Another great point.
The low profile base also means that it blends into the surrounding game board easily.

Price - e6.00 or roughly £4 from the Tabletop Art Store. How can you say no to that for a decent sized resin piece of terrain / gaming accessory?
Overall - I really like this piece. It has several uses, can be painted without ANY work straight from the box, very nice detail and all at an awesome price.
The Wall Template doesn't exactly what you want it to do. And more!

10 out of 10 Badger Points!


Crystal Field 50mm Base
The Crystal Field base comes in a large blister with a painted version shown on the front. The back shows any other information you may need.

These bases are a very highly detailed 3D Crystal design. On one side the crystals are small, growing larger as you go across the base. Because the detail is not symmetrical it means you could use the same base several times and each model will still look different.
On the sides of the base there are 180 degree arc markings so they would be perfect for WarmaHordes.


I didn't do ANY work on this base when I took it out of the box. No flash, no mould lines, nothing! Perfect from the start. You cant ask for any better than that.
I do have to admit though, I wont be using this as a base. Instead I an going to flock the smooth sides and paint is up and an area of 'Sun Crystals' to use on my Deep Wars board. The detail is so nice, i would feel bad hiding it under a miniature!

Price - The base is e4.50 or £3 on the Tabletop Art store. For a resin base of that size, detail and quality, that is a bargain! I'm going to get a couple more!
Overall - Very very impressed. I love it. I don't have a bad word to say about the piece and cant keep going on about how good it is.

10 out of 10 Badger Points!

Win - Win for Tabletop Art!

What do you think of them?

Hendybadger awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

4 comments:

  1. Liking the wall, I need to start getting some stuff like this. The bits I make myself just don't cut it terrain is definatly NOT my strong point lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend checking out Tabltop Art then. Stunning stuff at amazing prices.

      Delete
  2. I have the bases, and while the 90 degree markings are cool for some games, for others they are intrusive and unnecessary; I wish they offered an unmarked version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be worth suggesting it to them.
      Think the marks would be easy to fill?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...