Tuesday 1 March 2016

Starting a Guardians of the Galaxy Board


With the Marvel Universe Mini Game coming any day now, I thought I would start on a couple of new boards.
The first was planned to be 'loosely' based on the plant from the start of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Using some old Gale Force 9 hills, rocks and crystals I started to throw things together.


While it isn't a very high and multi level board, the Marvel game has a lot of movement like flyers and teleporters and relies less on cover than the Batman game so it should be fine. One of the main factors was to have things to throw around. I thought the small rocks and crystals would be ideal for that.


Drew on the Marvel Facebook Group dug out his Hasbro Milano and I remembered that I had one as well from my wife a while ago. It obviously ended up buried in the 4 year olds toy box though. Digging it back out and finding 'most' of the bits, I found it was almost the right scale and looked good next to Rocket.


When I posted up the first pics online someone suggested I should add some tech/relics. So I had a look around in the old terrain boxes to see what would fit.
At the same time I found some foam hills / rocks which filled the board up a bit. These as well as the board will be sprayed to match the GF9 hills.


The tech I found was a Stargate that has been around for several years. I don't even remember where I got it from now. With some cool card making plastic from my wife's hobby box, it got turned into a full on portal. Nice line of sight blocker as well as Deadpool found out.

Once the weather is a little nicer I can get the texture on the board and the sprays on everything.
Until then there are more boards to plan. The next will be an Avengers themed downtown board of HUGE buildings. Mrs Badger is actually building one of them as I type.
Hopefully pictures of that one up in the next week.

So, what do you think of the GotG set up?
Anythng need adding or removing?

What sort of boards are you planning for Marvel?

- Hendybadger

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Absolutely brilliant effect on the Stargate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking board.

    I'm brainstorming a generic cargo loading area for my newly arrived X-Men minis with all kinds of small scatter terrain and a few of Reaper's plastic cargo containers and jersey barriers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...