Wednesday 9 March 2016

Avengers Downtown Board for Marvel Universe


I openly admit to being a scenery hoarder. I have piles of boards, buildings, rocks hills and all sorts.
Not that I said 'hoarder' and not 'builder'.
While I was at work over the last week, my wife took matters into her own hands.


Over a few days she dug through the piles of unbuilt boxes and put together her own Avengers Downtown board.
To start off with there a mixture of Secret Weapon Tablescapes tiles from the Urban clean and damaged sets.
Then on those are the Mohawk Tower and Olympus Building (front two above) from Multiverse Gaming and the Hospital and Bank from TT Combat.


To really make it Avengers themed, I picked up an Age of Ultron Quinjet for her. It's from a 2" figure set by Hasbro and has a Captain America on motorbike that shoots out the bottom which was rapidly stolen by our 4 year old.
With Ironman on top and Hulk in front, I think it looks a pretty good scale.
The 'bits' box was then raided for cars, containers, portaloos, hydrants and more.


The next step is paint obviously but I think we are going to have to get a few games in first.

What do you think of this set up?
What would you add or remove?

- Hendybadger

9 comments:

  1. The setup looks great the buildings provide a large metropolis feel given their size. I am using paper craft buildings to start with an eventual plan to move to mdf. These buildings are definitely worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very solid. I wish I had bought the damaged urban tiles as well, but my set of regular streets will suffice. Did the damaged set come with any 90 degree streets? The clean ones only had straight and T intersections. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine didn't but it was a mixed box I got second hand from a gaming con.

      Delete
  3. Excellent looking set-up, looking forward to seeing the painted finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might take a while. There's a lot of it.

      Delete
  4. What size cars do you use to fit the scale of the miniatures? Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roughly 1:43 scale.
      Get them from most toy shops or I pick mine up online.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...