Friday 7 June 2013

Darth Badger is Victorious at the X-Wing South West Regional!!!!!!


Last Saturday I entered the X-Wing South West regional event at Clifton Road Games in Exeter.
I have only been playing the game for about 3 weeks but have been really enjoying it so thought it could be a fun day out.
The local club leader Tom (Chew-ginga) joined me and we headed of to go PEW PEW for the day.

The plan was to do a full report on the event, who I played, what they used and such. But, I got caught up playing games, laughing, chatting and having a great day I totally forgot that plan.  I did get a shot of the standings after round 2 though which listed everyone that played!

My list for the day was a TIE Fighter swarm.  I had run a similar list the week before with good results and lander the single Fighter expansion on ebay a couple of day before the event. This gave me the pilots I was after to make a decent looking force of 100pts.

Howlrunner + Stealth Device
Backstabber
Dark Curse
Mauler Mithel
Night Beast
Black Squadron Pilot - Draw Their Fire

How had I managed with this list in the past? Well, I hadn't used it before. Round 1 was the first game with it.


To my surprise I was in the final 4 cut after the first 4 rounds. In each game I had only only lost 2 Fighters and won with a clear 100pts of the opponents force destroyed.
The semi was a lot closer. 3 Fighters down vs a Firespray and 2 Interceptors.
Everyone had a single damage point left and lucky dice won me that one with 2 Fighters remaining.


The final was against another player that had only had a few games before this event.  A Falcon list flew towards me and the dice were in my favour again.


At the end of the day, Darth Badger had won the 4 round swiss and the 4 person cut. Finished the day with and awesome trophy, plastic focus, rebel patch, token bag and an invite to the World Champs in America in November!






Sooooooo pleased!
Had a great day and would like to say massive thank you to Steve at Clifton Road Games for running the event, all the players that attended and Chew-ginga for giving me a new Interceptor for taking him!

Will I be off to America? I don't know yet.

Hendybadger awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!


14 comments:

  1. Good job! I won the local Kessel Run tournament with a similar list. 4 Obsidian Squadron TIE fighters and 2 Storm Squadron TIE Advanced. I never got an invite or anything to the next level of competition, but I figure that boils down to not actually having a regional tournament where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Where are you? There have been a few regionals around.

      Delete
    2. Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Found out there was an invite only regionals about three hours away in Ottawa.

      Delete
    3. That's a shame. Hopefully there will be more next year.

      Delete
  2. So that was the disturbence in the force I felt......

    Well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The Dark Side becomes stronger every day.
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Never before have I seen such a hive of scum and villainy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the list? Mwah ha ha!
      Thanks

      Delete
  4. Great job on the win! I just love the Tie Fighter lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't look like much but they are great fun to use and really hard to stop.

      Delete
  5. well done must get a game of this soon had the figures since it canme out
    Peace james

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wont take long to get hooked.
      My fleet is quite big now and I havent even been playing for a month

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...