Thursday 28 May 2015

What's Going On?


Hi all,
As I have said here recently, apologies for it being so quiet over the last few weeks.
While I have five minutes, I thought I would take the chance to explain why.

I run this blog in my spare time. Well, the small amount I have anyway. In that 'real life' thing, I help run the family business and have a wife and two small children at home. Boys of 3 and 1 at the moment. They come first above all else so that blog and models are only touched after they are in bed.
Our youngest has had lots of issues since he was born. Nothing major, but it does involve all sorts of appointments and such. So over the last year my general gaming has been narrowed down from everything I like the look of to the things I find extra cool. Comic Superheroes!

Knight Models have been my main focus and they have been great by sorting out some nice toys and some fantastic previews and exclusives. Big thanks to Harry, Victor and the Boss especially!

Since my Knight Model hobby began, I have taken up a larger role in the Arkham City Limits Facebook group on the Admin team. It's not a lot of work but it takes up a little time every now and then. The rest of the team are fantastic by the way!

After a while of writing about Batman on here, Wayland Games asked me to write about Batman for their blog as well. Awesome! It did mean splitting my time between the two though but it ended up in more content over all getting out to a LOT more people.

Over the last few weeks, a family member has been rather ill so that has meant quite a bit more work in the family business for myself and less spare hobby time. I don't mind as sometimes you just do what needs to be done.

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, an official writing job appeared! I couldn't turn it down. It does also take a chunk of my weekly hobby time though but it is hobby based so it's good fun.

All in all, free time is in very short supply at the moment. It's been at least a couple of weeks since I manged to build or paint a model.

That takes us up to today. My family member is recovering, the writing project is 50% complete and the new Knight Models releases have just arrived.
If all keeps going well, I should be back on the blogs full time within the next week.

Thanks to all of you for sticking with ToaTS and I'll See you soon with all sorts of reviews and new goodies.

- Hendybadger

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know what they say... "If you want a job done... ask a very busy person!"
    All the best to you for your many projects, and I wish the best of health to your little'n as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...