To start with we have the Characters from my Talion Charter Merc force.
They are all currently half way through laying down the foundation colours. And trying to work out where I want which colours.
My Vanguard (which is going to be reposed) and my favourite Talion/Privateer model, the Mariner
I have tried my first warjack conversion with the Nomad. I wanted it to look abit more pirate like so replaced the buckler with a metal ships wheel I picked up and the sword has been replaced with a plasticard hilt and a plastic Orge sword. I think its looks good and fits well. What do you think?
All the above models are only pinned to thier bases at the moment because I wanted to do something abit different with them. I have got my hands on a shed load of wooden coffee stirers. After using PVA to create large sheets of wood I can cut bases from I wondered how to paint them. Putting them in before the undercoat wood (sorry) have lost all the grain detail. So I then decided to stain them and add them to the bases as inserts after the minis were painted. I tried a couple of different inks and washes and settled on the 3rd one (shown below)
Seeing I was going for different bases on the Talion pirates I decided to go for something different on the Gators aswell. With the extra deep bases I had I tried out some swamp bases. Using different types of sand, flock and static grass I came up with the below tests. I know they look a little cloudy but I now know how to make them look better by doing the water in much shallower layers.
My current projects. There will be more added to these and also a couple more projects started soon.
Open to all comments, thoughts and ideas.